More than 400 years of history

The history of the Hotel Weisses Roessl Kitzbühel began around 400 years ago.Already in 1582, the building at Bichlstrasse no. 5 was mentioned the first time in the old archives of Kitzbuehel.

But an even older part of the hotel can be found deep down in the “Ladies Dome”, which functions as a ladies’ toilet. The stone walls in it, which defied enemy attacks back then, have been there since the 15th century and were part of the old defensive wall.

In the changing face of skiing

An important year was 1893, when the ski sport was born. Thanks to Franz Reisch, the “father of skiing”, more and more tourists travelled to Kitzbuehel for skiing. The small so-called “Bichlwirt” inn was enlarged by modern hotel rooms and was run as the hotel “Weisses Rössl” (german for “white horse”). The name “Weisses Rössl” should remind of the old coaching inn, where the horses of the coaches were changed on the way from Salzburg to Innsbruck. Throughout its existance, the Hotel Weisses Rössl has been a popular meeting point for artists, business people, the aristocracy and politicians.

Luxury hotel

New way

From the year 1999 to 2000 the hotel was transformed from a traditional 4-star hotel to a leading 5-star luxury hotel with a new annex, the “Residence”, which now hosts spacious hotel rooms, exclusive suites and the spa area. In 2006 Dr. Christian Harisch and his family bought the hotel.
After a complete reconstruction and refurbishment in 2017, Hotel Weisses Rössl became – as the first and only hotel in Kitzbuehel – a member of “The Leading Hotels of the World”, the most exclusive luxury hotel collection in the hotel industry.